- How to Stay Safe on Ice? Walk Like a Penguin
Tuck and roll. Or walk like a penguin. With a deep freeze covering the South and New England, you need to be extra careful.
- Obama Officials Made List of Russia Documents to Keep Them Safe
A former Obama official said they gave a list to senators because of concern about what would happen to the classified docs after Trump took office.
- States Eye Medicaid Expansion After Death of GOP Health Bill
- See How Your Neighborhood Voted in 2016
- NATO Is Nervous, and Its Biggest Concern Is the White House
- 'Never Seen Anything Like It': Lab Scandal Could Overturn 23,000 Convictions
- Inside a Once-Prosperous Seaside Town That Backed Brexit
- Cyprus Connection: Manafort-Linked Accounts Raised Red Flag
- 'They Feed Off One Another': The Rising Power of Ivanka Trump, Jared Kushner
- Give It to Me Straight, Doc: Is Obamacare Dying?
- What to Know About European Union's Divorce Clause
- Trump's Made in America Label Doesn't Fit Ivanka's Clothing Line
Since Election Day, the apparel brand started by Trump's daughter has imported 56 shipments of Ivanka Trump products from China and Singapore.
- 'Unbelievable' Damien Hirst Exhibit Washes Into Venice Early
- China Steps Up in America's Backyard: Latin America
- High School Kids Dig Into Principal's Past, Trigger Resignation
- Trump Building Plan: This Public-Private Deal Is a Green Jewel
- Here's How Much Less Women Are Making in Your State
- 'Desperate' N. Korean Dictator Would Use Nukes Against U.S.: Defector
- A Texas Failure Could Have Lessons for Trump
- 50 Years After Huge Oil Spill, a Record of Nature's Fight
- This Pocket-Sized Prototype Could Take the Sting Out of Eye Care
- Trump Dines With China Leader: 'We Have Developed a Friendship'
The summit between President Donald Trump and Chinese President Xi Jinping kicked off with a lavish dinner at Mar-a-Lago Thursday.
- DOJ Considering Reopening Emmett Till Murder Case
- This Gene Mutation Turns People Into Martians
- Hillary Clinton Explains Why She Really Lost to Trump
- Strike a Pose! Documentary Spotlights Dancers Who Taught Madonna to Vogue
- Twitter Sues Feds to Keep Anti-Trump User Anonymous
- Legendary Insult Comic Don Rickles Dies at 90
- Republicans Use 'Nuclear Option' to Clear the Way for Gorsuch
- The Nuclear Option: What It Is and Why It's a Big Deal
- NASA Flyover Reveals Arctic Ice in Retreat
- The Xbox One Scorpio is a six-teraflop gaming beast
Microsoft couldn’t wait until E3 in June to unveil the Scorpio, so the company shared some details with Digital Foundry and we now know all of Project Scorpio’s tech specs. As expected, it’s going to be by far the most powerful gaming console out there. The console GPU will be able to process six t...
- Einride’s electric self-driving T-pod is a new kind of freight transport vehicle
Self-driving trucks are attracting a lot of investment and attention, what with Otto’s drama and platooning tech developed by key players like Peloton, but Swedish transport startup Einride has a different vision of how freight will move around roads in the future. The company revealed its ‘T-Pod’ ...
- Blue Origin’s first crewed test flights probably won’t happen until 2018
- Flow adds funding from Forerunner and Fung Capital to tackle cross-border commerce
- EU-US Privacy Shield remains precariously placed
- Twitter unveils a new API platform, roadmap and vision for its developer community
Twitter historically has had a rocky relationship with its developer community. It once encouraged third-party apps, then later restricting them; hosting developer conferences, then killing them; debuting a suite of developer tools, then selling them; and despite issuing a mea culpa, the company fa...
- Stripe opens its Atlas program to US-based startups
A little over a year ago, Stripe introduced its Atlas program as a way to help international entrepreneurs get incorporated and set up with everything they’d need to do business in the U.S. Now the payments startup is opening up the program as a way to facilitate company creation for founders that ...
- Apple’s Clips app is social video editing that’s simple to a fault
- Instagram Head of Product Kevin Weil to talk shop at Disrupt NY
- Volkswagen doubles down on China with $180M investment in smart technology for cars
- Ford to bring plug-in hybrid to China in 2018, targeting mostly electrified lineup by 2025
- Nvidia’s new Titan Xp top-end graphics card also offers Mac support
- Drone Racing League’s new drone will go 0-80 MPH in under a second
- Trov adds $45 million for the global expansion of its on-demand insurance
- Facebook Messenger’s AI ‘M’ suggests features to use based on your convos
Write “You owe me $20” and Messenger will suggest you use its payments feature. If someone says “goodbye,” Messenger will recommend a “bye-bye” GIF. That’s how Facebook’s new M Suggestions work. Facebook’s AI assistant will privately interject recommendations above the redesigned one-line message c...
- New Google tool helps developers pick the right colors for their apps
With its Material Design guidelines, Google set out to create a unified set of ideas for how it wants developers to think about all the different aspects of their applications’ design, ranging from the basic layout to how to use animations effectively. As part of those guidelines, it also offered s...
- Lending Club founder Renaud Laplanche is back with a new startup and $60 million in funding
- Drchrono raises $12 million in Series A to take on older EHR platforms like athenahealth
- One in five Facebook videos is Live as it seizes the verb
- This Porsche-based electric supercar has a 215-mile range and crazy acceleration
- Showtime makes its entire library available for offline viewing on mobile devices
- Facebook puts link to 10 tips for spotting ‘false news’ atop feed
- Uber’s open source data visualization tool now goes beyond maps
- Microsoft Maluuba teaches management 101 to machines in its first paper since being acquired
In mid-January, the ongoing race for AI put Montreal-based Maluuba on our radar. Microsoft acquired the startup and its team of researchers to build better machine intelligence tools for analyzing unstructured text to enable more natural human computer interaction — think bots that can actually res...
- About this stabbing machine
Thank you for joining me, ladies, gentlemen. Researchers have created a “stabbing machine,” with which they intend to “simulate stabbing events,” with the further intention of getting to the heart of knife-related crimes. Now, I don’t have a problem with teaching robots knifeplay per se, but we mus...
- Transcript: Phil Schiller, Craig Federighi and John Ternus on the state of Apple’s pro Macs
- A first-time wearables user reviews the Fitbit Alta HR
- 23andMe is finally allowed to tell you if you have the genes for Parkinson’s
- Flying car maker AeroMobil picks up $3.2M to help it move toward production
- Adobe Research demos new app that may one day allow you to take better selfies
- Lyft said to have raised over $500M, at a $6.9B valuation
- Comcast announces its new wireless business, Xfinity Mobile
- SkyX drones are half-helicopter, half-plane and built to fly long distances
A Markham, Ontario startup called SkyX Ltd. emerged from stealth today to share with TechCrunch details about its unique industrial drone designs. The company’s SkyOne drones take off and land like a helicopter, but fly more like an airplane, with a range of more than 25 miles (40 km) per charge. F...
- The leaked DJI Spark looks to be the Mavic Pro’s little brother
DJI appears to be about to launch a drone even smaller than the Mavic Pro. Supposedly called the Spark, pics of the little drone has been popping up on several sites though DJI has yet to officially announce it. First, the Spark is smaller than the Mavic Pro when the Mavic’s prop arms are extended....
- Stellar echoes, Venusian automatons and more gain NASA moonshot funding
- Identity management software provider Okta seeks to raise $187M with IPO pricing
- How Osmo decides to make its tangible, high-tech toys
- Twitter suing Homeland Security suggests some of those alt Twitter accounts were real after all
- YouTube will now block ads on channels with under 10,000 views
- Elevate Credit pulls off lending IPO
- Microsoft’s Azure Stack preview adds support for Azure Functions and App Service
- Samsung is back in business as it forecasts 50% profit jump
Samsung is back in business. Fresh from its highest profit jump in three years and the successful launch of its new flagship Galaxy S8, the Korean company is now forecasting a big jump in profits for its upcoming Q1 2017 financials. The company is predicting profits for the quarter will come in aro...
- Packhelp raises €350,000 to make your boxes pretty
You never think about it until it’s too late. Say you’ve built an amazing company selling the stoat-hair drink coasters from Iceland. Your ecommerce and marketing game is on point, your website is ready, and you get your first order. You realize that you don’t have any boxes. Your stoat-hair coaste...
- A look inside the Skopje startup scene
- Will Spotify go public without an IPO?
- Meniga helps incumbent banks keep fintech fear at bay
- Google’s fact check feature goes global and comes to Google Search
- Crunch Report | Jeff Bezos Sells $1B in Amazon Stock Annually to Fund Blue Origin
- Trump plans to nominate Lyft’s Derek Kan to transportation department
- Waymo v. Uber: Everything you need to know