- Can Drinking Enough Water Improve Your Life?
We tried three different methods to help us drink more water throughout the day. The results surprised us.
- Think You're a Great Multitasker? Science Says Otherwise
- Inside the Green Berets' Hunt for One of World's Most Brutal Warlords
- A Better Way to Walk on Ice: Think Like a Penguin
- Hygge: Unlocking Denmark's Secret to Happiness
- How Computers Are Learning to Predict the Future
- How to Stay Safe on Ice? Walk Like a Penguin
- Trump and Merkel to Meet, Attempt to Put Differences Aside
- Trump Budget Cuts Could Hurt Fight Against Terrorism, Critics Warn
- 'Saturday Night Live' to Air Live Coast-to-Coast
- Trump Proposes Cutting Billions to Urban Areas He Vowed to Help
- Booze You Can Use: Here's How to Clean With Vodka
- Biggest Winners, Losers of Trump's Budget, in Charts
- 'I Was Back in Iraq': Virtual Reality Is More Than a Game for Suffering Vets
- Who Is Leaking Donald Trump's Tax Returns?
- How Big Data Broke American Politics
- U.K. Official: White House Promised Not to Repeat GCHQ Wiretap Claim
GCHQ went public after Sean Spicer quoted a Fox New analyst to support Donald Trump's claim that he was wiretapped by President Barack Obama.
- Dog Shot Dead While Delaying Planes at Airport
- Nuclear-Hit Fukushima to Host Olympic Baseball in 2020
- Military Action Against North Korea Is 'on the Table': Tillerson
- Ex-Harvard Lawyer Gets 40 Years in Kidnapping Case
- Inside Breitbart News: 'We're Not A Hate Site'
- Lawyer Argues for Chimp 'Personhood' in N.Y. Court
- MSU Coach Asked Gymnasts to Sign Card of Support for Accused Sex Abuse Doctor
- Rattled Japan Holds Missile Attack Drill Amid North Korea Fears
- 'So-Called Judge' Who Blocked First Travel Ban Won't Extend Order to Second
- Cubspot finds camps and classes for your wee ones
Cubspot: come for the “EdTech SaaS marketplace” but stay for the opportunity to find camps and classes for your kids this summer. Cubspot is the brainchild of Rachael Shayne, a former brand manager for Nestle, The North Face, and Oakley. Over a bottle of wine she and her friends talked about how ha...
- Brooklinen tucks in $10M in Series A from FirstMark
At some point, everyone has an ‘Aha!’ moment when it comes to the importance of high-quality bed linens. For Brooklinen founders, Rich and Vicki Fulop, that moment came on vacation at a hotel, where the sheets were too good to be true but unfortunately not for sale. As the couple searched for some ...
- SpaceX successfully launches and deploys EchoStar XXIII satellite
- Carbon moves into high-volume manufacturing with SpeedCell system, and bigger 3D printers
- Nvidia and Bosch team up on self-driving car AI supercomputer
- WeWork’s Adam Neumann is coming to Disrupt
Eight years ago, WeWork didn’t exist. But since 2010, Adam Neumann and his cofounder, Miguel McKelvey, have been taking over the world — literally — with what sounds like a deceptively simple business model: to rent office space from landlords wholesale, splinter it into smaller pieces, make it coz...
- Music video service Vevo aims for more traction with Watch Party, a Turntable-like chatroom
As music streaming platforms continue to compete for subscribers, one of the biggest suppliers of premium music video content is adding new features to focus on its own platform as a destination. Vevo — the premium music video hosting company that sees 21 billion views of its content each month glo...
- Nvidia partners with PACCAR on self-driving truck tech
- McDonald’s serves up one more, calling Trump a ‘disgusting excuse of a President’ on Twitter
- In the future there will be mindclones
- Six months in, iMessage App Store growth slows as developers lose interest
- BuyPower aims to ease the pain of utility payments in Nigeria
- The Lucid Air electric car starts at just $60,000 – before tax credit
- Qualcomm doesn’t want you to call its Snapdragon processors ‘processors’ anymore
- This guy built a physical Starbucks button that orders his favorite drink in one press
I never really used to drink Starbucks. “It’s too expensive!” I’d say while angrily waggling my aeropress in the air. Then they released their damned mobile ordering app and suddenly I’m throwing fistfuls of cash at them. Hacker Ryan Pickren took the idea one step further: he built a physical butto...
- Walmart subsidiary Jet.com to buy ModCloth for less than $75m
Online fashion retailer ModCloth, known for its vintage-inspired and indie apparel, is on the verge of being acquired by Walmart, by way of its subsidiary, Jet.com. The deal, which had already been rumored, is almost finalized and will fetch a price tag between $50 million and $75 million, sources ...
- Sign up now for 2-for-1 tickets to TechCrunch Disrupt Berlin, released April 5
- Koho, a mobile-only suite of financial services for millennials, launches in Canada
- Amazon adds Alexa to its main shopping app
- BMW’s self-driving car will aim for full Level 5 autonomy by 2021
- Announcing TC Sessions: Robotics, a one-day event on everything robots
- Swatch is working on its own smartwatch OS
- Hulu teases its Live TV service’s features including real-time alerts, DVR, simultaneous streams & more
- Mobile ad company Appodeal acquires game platform Corona Labs
Appodeal is announcing that it has acquired Corona Labs, creators of the Corona SDK for building cross-platform games and apps. The companies say the framework has been used to build more than 10,000 games including The Lost City by Fire Maple Games and HoPiKo by Laser Dog. Appodeal, meanwhile, is ...
- ABC News’ app adds support for multi-stream viewing on Apple TV
News junkies, rejoice. ABC News is rolling out an updated Apple TV application, live today, which makes the news division the first to offer a simultaneous multi-stream viewing experience in its tvOS application. At launch, there are a dozen different live streams users can choose from, presented i...
- Advances in AI and ML are reshaping healthcare
- UK watchdog “close” to verdict in DeepMind Health data consent probe
- How does the Lucid Air stack up against the competition?
- Reduced Energy Microsystems pits startup chip chops against industry giants
- Instagram is the latest nexus of the Marines photo sharing scandal
- Rock Pamper Scissors, the hairdresser booking app backed by Seedcamp and 500 Startups, shutters
- TechCrunch launches ‘Equity,’ a venture capital-focused podcast
- Netflix is replacing five-star ratings with thumbs up or down
Netflix announced today that it would ditch its standard five-star rating scheme in favor of a much more simple thumbs up or down option. The streaming service said it had been testing thumbs up and down ratings “with hundreds of thousands of members” in 2016 – and it led to 200% more ratings being...
- MuleSoft prices IPO above expected range at $17 per share
Enterprise software company MuleSoft will go public tomorrow and just priced their IPO at $17 – slightly above the proposed $14-16 range. The company will start trading on the New York Stock Exchange tomorrow, under the symbol “MULE”. Founded in 2006, MuleSoft is an integration platform that helps ...
- Crunch Report | GoPro plans to cut 270 jobs
- Leaked internal Uber documents show rocky self-driving car progress
- Google’s fight with Uber over self-driving cars is heating up
- Utilis takes top water innovation prize at Imagine H2O for tech that finds leaks underground
- Bra startup True&Co sold to Calvin Klein owner PVH
- Kaspersky Lab paid former national security adviser more than $10,000
- Permira’s Brian Ruder on private equity’s attraction to tech — and where he’s shopping now
- Piwic raises $2 million to truly liberate your analytics
You know when you set up a website and you add a Google Analytics tracker to see how many visitors you have? What you’re actually doing is giving Google and other parties access to your stats and users. Sure there are privacy protections in place and things aren’t all that bad but what if your webs...
- Apple gives indie gamers a permanent home on the App Store
Breaking into the App Store can be difficult enough, but for small-time mobile game developers it’s even more of a challenge as they go up against billion-dollar, global publishers who dominate the top charts, like Supercell, Activision Blizzard, Niantic, EA, Tencent and others who can afford to in...
- GameStop will have more Nintendo Switch systems for sale starting March 22
- Nintendo could double production of the Switch
- Tesla raised $1.2 billion via share and convertible debt sale
- Niles is a Slack bot that learns your team’s questions and answers them so you don’t have to
- Equity podcast: The return of IPOs and Tesla’s billion-dollar bet
- Tilt gesture keyboard could hold promise for typing in VR
- Singapore’s Homage, a service for in-home care for the elderly, raises $1.2M