Monday, September 06, 2010

6 Sept - Blogger Migration

ZemantaImage via Wikipedia



In response to Josh Marshall's advisory about shutting down TPM Cafe Reader blogs....I didn't wait. http://oldephartte.blogspot.com/2010/09/tpm-cafe-blog.html is one of two posts where I reposted content from here.
Isn't that a lot of work ?
 Like most stuff, there's a hard way and an easy way to do things. I had set up a 'repost' blog already becauses 404 Errors were lousing up my archives of Opit's LinkFest! at My Opera. I didn't do a lot of research choosing Blogger : perhaps I should have after listening to bitching,whining and complaing from people who eventually ended up paying a modest fee for self-hosting at places like SoapBlox. Regardless, here's how I transferred my files to Blogger in under an hour. Your experience may vary depending on the amount of content you have should you choose to try the same.
Firefox browser please. I have Google Chrome - which works almost as well...until it doesn't finalize the post...on my Ubuntu machine lacking some updates, anyway.Opera and other GNU browsers just won't do this little trick properly...not this way anyhow.
Shade in the area to be copied.Right click, select copy.Paste.
That's it. Links are complete. I find I have to edit and don't know how to fix things so videos repost properly.Those I skip.If anyone has a fix for that, I 'd like to hear it.
I use Discus and Zemanta. Zemanta and LastPass I sometimes shut down while composing a post and come back in Edit to add content after re-enabling in 'Tools'.
And if anyone wants to find their content and comments online - I recommend a little surfing with BackType.  That's even scarier than a Vanity Search on Google.
And in Blogger I chose 'Follow' for the TPM Cafe Readers Blog.
The New TPMCafe Readers' Blogsite!
http://tpmcafe.talkingpointsmemo.com/talk/blogs/r/u/rutabaga_ridgepole/2010/09/the-new-tpmcafe-readers-blogsi.php
http://tpmcafereadersblogs.blogspot.com/
Related articles by Zemanta
And where am I ? 
Enhanced by Zemanta

9 comments:

Alpha Assignment Help said...

Hope you will keep on offering good content like this more often. I feel more and more people should know about this. Also, I agree on most of the points you have made. case study assignment writing

Alpha Assignment Help said...

I usually do not comment on posts but this article stands out from others. I could learn several new things from it. It is great when you are able to gain an understanding on topics that were unknown. Thanks for that.
Chess Board
Boxing Gloves

Anonymous said...

Nicely crafted. There is so much to learn from this piece. You are a great help and I would surely try to follow all the learning. Jobs in Dubai

Alpha Assignment Help said...

I enjoy kinds very own post. It will be respectable to get a single narrative inside and outside of the core of this distinctive core specialized niche will likely be commonly knowledgeable.
assignment writing help

Expo 2020 said...

I have to say that you are on the right track. This will be loved by several individuals as it is detailed and interesting. All the best for your future work.
Jobs in Dubai
Dubai jobs
Hotels in Dubai
Jobs in Dubai
dubai rta bus timing
dubai rta bus timings
world expo
rta bus routes
expo 2020
bus timings
rta bus route
Expo 2020 Dubai
dubai bus timings
dubai bus timetable pdf

Academic Assignment Writing said...

You are doing a tremendous job. It is very enlightening and achieves what it desires. I will make sure that I read all of your blogs in future. It will definitively enhance my knowledge.
Airbnb swot

expo 2020 said...

Great content. This was really a valuable experience. I will ensure that my friends also read this as soon as possible. I cannot wait to share this.

Academic Assignment Writing said...

Nice to be visiting your blog again, it has been months for me. Well this article that i've been waited for so long. I need this article to complete my assignment in the college, and it has same topic with your article. Thanks, great share.
complete course work for me

kavyagaur said...

Your post is very great.i read this post this is a very helpful. i will definitely go ahead and take advantage of this. You absolutely have wonderful stories.Cheers for sharing with us your blog. python training in noida