- US President Donald Trump doubled down Sunday on a threat to attack Iranian cultural sites despite
- Our agreement with Iran reached under the Obama administration and canceled by President Trump was viewed,
- Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security Chad Wolf published a special bulletin via the National
- Our famously free press in action.
- Today's Water Cooler: New state polls, Biden's electability, "Pete Butterbar," Klobuchar,
NEPC - Blog Post of the Day
- Curmudgucation: Fordham: Teachers Are Downloading Junk Fordham Institute, the right-tilted
- The Conversation: 5 New Ways for Schools to Work with Families Text messages, email alerts
- Shanker Blog: The Structure of School Segregation in the D.C. Metro Area A few weeks ago, the
- Oil rose on Monday but pared most of its earlier gains as investors took stock of the fact that there
- Chevron said Monday it will pull its employees out of Iraq temporarily amid an escalation in tensions
- A proposed liquefied natural gas export terminal in Port Arthur took a step forward following a new
Politics, Policy, Political News Top Stories
Lawmakers are struggling to juggle the crises of the Trump era.
But they are unsure whether the want to bring in the president's top House allies.
The House could vote as early as Thursday to rein in the president, though the odds are slim the GOP
Arizona Rep. Paul Gosar tweeted a doctored image of Barack Obama with Iranian President Hassan Rouhani and got testy when people pointed out it was fake.HuffPost
Former US ambassador who was hostage during 1979 Iran crisis said he wants 'nothing to do' with Trump's threats toward TehranThis came after Trump over the weekend threatened to strike 52 Iranian targets, representing the 52 hostages taken in the 1979 crisis.Business Insider
The majority leader really just complained about "partisan passions" in the Senate.Esquire
- New Mexico State Police said they’ve been investigating an alleged underage drinking incident involving the
- When I think of 2019, there are a few topics that I covered which do stick out for their impact and
- The New Year’s holiday was a little lean for some tribal employees who got their paychecks late thanks to
- Archaeologists in Poland made a delightful and exciting find near the city of Warkocz by excavating a
- Controversial Fox News’s Tucker Carlson appeared on the History Channel’s Ancient Aliens
- The game of chess has been around for a very long time, both fascinating and frustrating players of every
- Amsterdam police have made an ’emotional appeal’ after finding a group of young teenagers armed
- Two more companies in Amsterdam have received threatening letters connected to the spate of letter bombs
- Football club FC Den Bosch has banned a number of supporters from its grounds following racist chanting
- Scammers have taken an old browser scam and invigorated it using a clever and new tactic that takes
- The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) finalized a settlement with a Utah-based tech company that got hacked
- At CES 2020, Nvidia has released GeForce Game Ready Driver 441.87 and with it comes a few new features
AboveTopSecret.com Top Topics
- And it has created a record. First recorded human fatality due to a meteorite. Can someone bring up the
Accuracy In Academia
- Outrage ensued at San Diego State University when a suggested speakers' list included a Nation of Islam
- Hillsdale College and the University of Missouri agreed to disagree on a donor's bequest and settled a
- Tennessee State Rep. Bruce Griffey has filed legislation that would push back against the transgender
Al Jazeera English
Ghassan Salame says Libyans are suffering as a result of the unrest and foreign countries should "keep
Violence flared a year ago when the Arakan Army attacked Myanmar police, forcing thousands from their homes
Defence officials call letter about preparations for a US military withdrawal from Iraq 'a mistake'
AllThingsD » Walt Mossberg
- Walt Mossberg on the dozen personal-technology products that were the most influential over two decades of
- New meters from iHealth and LifeScan are small steps toward better diabetes care.
- Walt answers questions from readers about streaming TV from one house to another and the search for
altahrir, news of Islam, Muslims, Arab Spring and special Palestine
- Palestinians in Gaza hold a conference in support of prisoners in the Nafha prison who have been subjected
- Israeli forces abducted 17 Palestinian civilians on Monday in pre-dawn raids in various parts of the West
- Israeli occupation forces arrested, at dawn Sunday, a young man from the city of Qalqilia, northern
BBC News - Home
The letter from a key US military chief in Baghdad had suggested its forces were leaving.
Iran's supreme leader leads prayers for Qasem Soleimani, killed in a US drone strike on Friday.
The UN says both the US and Iran have signed conventions protecting cultural heritage.
- From the Daily Mail: A former Liberal Democrat MP is to receive libel damages from an alleged fantasist who
- From CBS News, in June: The father of a victim of the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre has won a
- This one is being widely reported – from Phil Kemp at BBC News: There are many unanswered questions
Everything Matters: Beyond Meds
- Originally posted on Everything Matters: Beyond Meds : Healthline, which features my site along with nine
- Charles bukowski at his finest — and heck, he’s a cat person…after my own heart…
- This is my experience after what, at this point, amounts to thousands of hours of mindful presence with the
- President Trump may not have given us the executive order on birthright citizenship he promised before the
Brave The World
- This is not a list of baby “must-haves.” This is a list for the bedridden mothers. When a
- Low time preference is a term generally used in economics or evolutionary psychology to describe an
- This is NOT medical advice. Please consult your doctor before you eat food. Low fat, high carb, high sugar
Center on Budget: Comprehensive News Feed
- This week at CBPP, we announced that CBPP’s founder and President, Robert Greenstein, will
- Housing mobility programs help low-income families with children use Housing Choice
- The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services’ (CMS) final count of people selecting
- A few weeks ago Matt Yglesias published a tweet (since deleted, which I don't totally understand as I
- I am working on a bit of a climate update in a post called something like "Dear Greta, the climate is
- The Varsity Blues admissions scandal along with the lawsuits by Asian Americans against Ivy League schools&
- by Rainer Shea Writer, Dandelion Salad Rainer Shea: Anti-Imperialist Journalist, Jan. 4, 2019 January 6
- Dandelion Salad with Chris Hedges by Margaret Flowers and Kevin Zeese Clearing the FOG Popular Resistance
- by Finian Cunningham Writer, Dandelion Salad East Africa Crossposted from Sputnik, Jan. 3, 2020 January 4,
Fabius Maximus website
- America's society is changing in ways we prefer not to see. Especially in the relations of women and
- Nice people cannot blast away barbarians to plant the seeds of civilization. That requires even tougher
- Our brutal neo-colonial policy in the Middle East - without goals, reason, or even respect for our "
Inter Press Service
- Alexey Kravchenko is Associate Economic Affairs Officer, Trade, Investment and Innovation Division at the
- “Fire bullets at the traitors of the country,” chanted mobs of Bharatiya Janata Party, or BJP, supporters
- Farhana Haque Rahman is Senior Vice President of IPS Inter Press Service; a journalist and communications
- Popular Front for The Descendants of Omar Mukhtar: Resist western and Turkish intervention in Libya
- Libyan National Army Declares Full Control Over City of Sirte The Libyan National Army (LNA), led by Field
- Ilya Tsukanov US officials including President Trump have formally justified the drone strike assassination
New Content on CO2 Science
- It's a good way to confront mankind's growing need for food and the water needed to produce it
- Since 1980 the Earth has weathered three of the warmest decades in the instrumental temperature record, a
- Are they few and far-between? ... or are they growing ever more frequent ... and ferocious?
- Two lawmakers in Venezuela have both declared themselves parliamentary Speaker after
- The administration of Argentine president Alberto Fernandez will implement an
- If Argentine president Alberto Fernandez visits Brazil, “he will be received with
National Wind Watch: Wind Energy News
- An 80-meter high wind turbine costing hundreds of thousands of dollars caught fire at the Phong Dien 1 Wind
- The €5m fine imposed on the State for the Derrybrien wind farm fiasco is set to at least double before the
- The police were forced to close off some roads in Mors, northwest Jutland, on December 30 after a wind
- The New Federalist's editorial team takes a look back over the festive season celebrations in different
- Maria Popczyk, Editor-in-Chief of our Polish sister publication, Kurier Europejski, was in Poland during
- Festival of colours, urban sports show, six new murals, the first-ever Pride parade in the city's
News For You
Big Picture News, Informed Analysis
- Vast majority don't mention climate when asked about important problems.
- The UN said we were at a tipping point in 2007. And in 2009. In a single decade, the media talked about
- US taxpayers pay three times over for scientific research.
Online Cancer Blog
- We all know that there are many stages of lung cancer and you might be wondering how each stage is like and
- How amazing (and difficult) is it to love something that is also supposed to do you a world of good
- Cancer is one of the fastest growing cause of deaths in the world. The most common type of cancer include &
- Worth reading: Segregation, sexual harassment, and silencing scientists A few of the recent
- It's October. What's Congress doing about healthcare? We made it to October without
- More reasons to oppose the latest awful iteration of GOPcare Many of us were cheered by
Signs of the Times
- In a room filled with self-absorbed narcissists, one brave, slightly less self-absorbed narcissist had the
- A massive funeral procession occupied the streets of Iran's capital as huge crowds of people
- The following American PBS TV report aired in December 2017. It explains exactly who the Popular
Stuff.co.nz - Stuff
- Zealandia's only nest of hihi for this breeding season survived thanks to their "super dad".
- Firefighters have struggled to control a forest fire which has now burned 350 hectares.
- Emergency services at car versus train crash in Wairarapa.
- There really is no place like home. It’s familiar and comfortable and a place where you can
- It all seems so drearily familiar. (Tom Tomorrow)
- Pervy Weinstein has shown up at court using a walker, trying to pretend he’s elderly, disabled and