- Weekend Renters Find Corpse in Garden of Airbnb Home
French authorities are investigating the death of a woman whose decomposing body was found in the garden of an Airbnb rental in suburban Paris.
- How Do you Stop a Hungry Elephant? Release the Bees
- Tear Gas, Clashes as Migrant Anger Boils Over in Europe
- Shelters Torn Down as Demolition Begins at Notorious Calais Camp
- 'Dangerous' Radioactive Material Stolen in Mexico
- North Korea Shows Detained U.S. Student on State TV
- 'Turning Point'? Iran Reformists Cheer Election Gains
- 'Cursed' Cruise Ship Heads Home Amid Outbreak, Bad Weather
- Tear Gas, Stun Grenades Fired as Violence Breaks Out on Greek Border
- Babysitter Kills Child, Brings Head to Subway: Reports
- Amazon UK to Deliver Fresh Food
Amazon has struck a wholesale supply deal with British supermarket Morrisons that will help the online retailer step up its food offering in Britain.
- Church 'Mucked Things Up' on Sex Abuse: Vatican Treasurer
- Vatican Treasurer: Plausible Abuse Allegations Not Fully Investigated
- ISIS Sought Material for Dirty Bomb, Officials Believe
- Former Executives Charged in Fukushima Meltdown Disaster
- This Woman Is Battling ISIS on Her Own
- What We've Learned From the Tumult in Egypt
- Reformists Make Gains in Iran Election
- Air Strike Targets Suspected ISIS Convoy in Libya
- Ambassadors Pay Respect to Murdered Russian Opposition Leader
- Rowdy Bachelor Party Causes Pilot to Divert Flight
The groom was one of six men arrested.
- Activists Report Airstrikes in Syria Amid 'Cease-Fire'
- Russian Coal Mine Accident Kills 36
- Man Fatally Stabs 14 Relatives, Hangs Himself: Police
- Why Britain Might Quit Europe (and Why the U.S. Cares)
- Fragile Temporary Truce Stops Syria Fighting — Almost
- Thousands in Moscow Honor Slain Kremlin Critic Nemtsov
- U.S. Treasury Secretary: "Beneficial for U.K. to Stay in European Union"
- Girls Who 'Never Showed Hatred' Accused of Shocking Attack
- 'Pig-Stomach Paradise': A Visit to Trump's Ancestral Home
- Suicide Bomber Kills at Least 11 in Afghanistan
A suicide bomber killed an Afghan militia commander and at least 10 others in the eastern province of Kunar near the border with Pakistan on Saturday, officials said.
- WFP Plane Misses Mark During Syria Air Aid Drop
- Airstrikes Continue in Syria as Ceasefire Deadline Approaches
- Syria Pounded by Airstrikes Hours Before Planned Truce
- Iranians Vote in First Election Since Nuclear Deal
- Icebreaker Refloated After Running Aground in Antarctica
- Mumbai Creates No-Selfie Zones to Prevent Deaths
- Long River of Stinking Trash Runs Through Beirut Suburb
- Indonesian Volcano Erupts Twice in a Day
- The Story Behind This Moving Portrait of a Syrian Rebel
- Iran Votes In First Election Since Nuclear Deal
President Rouhani and Ayatollah Khamenei both cast their ballots in Tehran on Friday.
- Pope Discusses Power of Images With Instagram CEO
- Al Qaeda Makes Comeback in ISIS' Shadow
- What's a Meltdown? Fukushima Chiefs Didn't Read the Manual
- Reformers vs. Hard-Liners: It's Election Day in Iran
- President Obama Ramping Up ISIS Fight 'On All Fronts'
- Kerry Grilled Over ISIS, Anti-Christian 'Genocide'
- Kerry Faces Fireworks Over ISIS, Anti-Christian 'Genocide'
- Score! Messi Replaces Little Fan's Plastic-bag Jersey
- Boy, 7, Finds 3,400-Year-Old Statue of Naked Woman
Monday, February 29, 2016
NBC NY TIMES CNN FOX
Mobile ad-tech startup NativeX acquired by Chinese advertising company Mobvista
Can Emerging Nations Create Their Own Silicon Valleys?
Apple vs FBI: Read Apple’s Opening Statement To Congress Tomorrow
Buffer Adds Twitter-Based Customer Service Tools
Innovations In Cybersecurity At RSA 2016
Is Singularity Near?
Why Facebook Hosted 200+ African-American Stude
GoPro Spends 20% Of Its Cash On Hand To Acquire Two Video Editing Startups
Gmail Gets Improved Security Features For Business Users
INNOVATE2016: CTA President Gary Shapiro On Marco Rubio As Silicon Valley’s Best Hope
Crosley’s First Direct Drive Turntable Doesn’t Disappoint
Google’s Self-Driving Car Gets Into A Minor Accident While The AI Was Driving
Machine Learning Is Not The Answer To Better Network Security
IBM Adds Post-Cyber Attack Planning With Resilient
Facebook’s Private Photo-Sharing App Moments Now Supports Video
Israeli Investment Firms receive $665 Million In Commitments In February
MongoLab Changes Its Name To mLab As It looks Beyond Database Management
Square Cash’s Fast Payments App Can Now Hold A Balance
The HTC Vive Ships April 5, Pre-Orders Open Now
Castle Is A Property Management Platform From The Future
More Than Meets The Virtual Eye
Google Maps Brings Its “Add A Pit Stop” Feature To iOS
Draft Text Of EU-US Privacy Shield Deal Fails To Impress The Man Who Slayed Safe Harbor
Disrupt NY Startup Battlefield Applications Close Today, Why You Should Apply Now
Dashlane Brings YubiKey Support To Its Password Manager
Microsoft Launches Pre-Orders For $3,000 HoloLens Development Kit, Will Start Shipping March 30
Nominations For The 2016 Europas Awards Now Open, TechCrunch Partners
Hopscotch, E-Commerce For Mums In India, Lands $13M Led By Facebook Co-Founder Saverin
Tinggal, a budget hotel network in Indonesia, lands $1M from backers of India’s Wudstay
Indonesia-based Tinggal is less than one month old, but today the
company announced that it has raised $1 million in funding. Particularly
of interest is the fact that this financing has come from the investors
and members of the executive team behind India-based Wudstay, a budget
hotel network tha...
Korean last-minute hotel booking app DailyHotel launches in 10 new countries
DailyHotel, a Seoul-based app that lets harried travelers quickly find
hotel rooms, has launched in 10 new Asian countries. The startup was
founded in 2013 by brothers Ryan and Jimmy Shin after Ryan struggled to
find a last-minute hotel room in Seoul. It has raised more than $10
million from Sequoi...
NY Judge Rules In Favor Of Apple In Government Request For iPhone Data
In a New York case, Judge Orenstein has ruled in favor of Apple,
denying a government request for information on an iPhone. Read More
Meet The Judges For The TC Meetup + Pitch-Off In Brooklyn Tomorrow Night!
Did I mention we’re having a pitch-off in Brooklyn tomorrow night?
Because we are! It will be held at Output in Williamsburg at 6pm, and
tickets are still available, which you can buy here. But what is a
pitch-off? Well, ten companies have been selected to show off their
wares on our stage. They wi...
A New, Standardized Way For Employees To Keep Their Vested Stock Options Longer
Amid headlines about billion-dollars valuations are many employees who
remain trapped unless their employers eventually go public or else sell
to an acquirer in a cash deal. The problem centers on the option plan
structure that startups use. Owing to a decades-old tax provision,
employees have to e...
CornerJob Fires Up Its Blue-Collar Jobs Marketplace App With $10M Series A
Another despatch from the ‘mobile messaging is eating the world’ file:
blue collar recruitment app and European startup Corner Job has closed a
$10 million Series A funding round. Read More
Twitter Ended Up Paying $479M For Ad Tech Startup TellApart, 10-K Reveals
Twitter’s largest acquisition to date, of the ad tech business
TellApart, has turned out to be a little less less big than originally
thought. Back in April 2015, it was calculated that Twitter would pay
nearly $533 million for TellApart based on the company’s share price at
the time. But a 10-K re...
Researchers Create Matrix-Like Instant Learning Through Brain Stimulation
You know Kung-Fu. Researchers at HRL Laboratories have discovered that
when you use transcranial direct current stimulation to send the brain
activity of commercial and military pilots into the heads of novice
pilots subjects can essentially learn to fly in a realistic flight
simulator. The researc...
- Document: Lawsuit against ex-LAPD cop Henry Solis, L.A. city(documents.latimes.com)
- After jury deadlocks, L.A. County sheriff's deputies to be retried on jail beating charge(latimes.com)
- 'The Bleeder' Subject Chuck Wepner Sues Over "Stolen" Unauthorized Biopic(deadline.com)
- Inside the 'Big Lebowski' house being donated to LACMA(darkroom.baltimoresun.com)
- Amazing Footage of Sniper Killing IS Fighters Turns Out to Be a Video Game(gizmodo.co.uk)